Monthly Archives: June 2013
next version of BAM is quite finished !
I implemented two main new features which was suggested by a BAM user and that I found useful to add :
– A calculator is now integrated in the new transaction page and allows quickly to do some calculations around the amount to enter
– You will have the possibility to create transactions based a template, i.e based on favorite frequent transactions. You could so create frequent transactions by just entering the description of the transaction, and BAM will remember the last transaction created for that description.
I will explain more in details these two new features
I will so published that version probably that week end.
just that post to inform you that BAM certification was successful and that the new BAM update was just published so.
You should see so quickly this update in your app update notifications.
This version provides new features and fixes below :
– new transaction page re-arranged for more clarity
– budgets items are redesigned
– possibility to add a currency
– the date to calculate the budgets can be changed in the settings of the budgets page
– you have now a global option to put or not the focus on the “Amount” field at the “new transaction” page display
– fixed the bug preventing to add items in the dashboard
– fixed a side effect issue when validating the reconciliation page
Except to fix important issues, I don’t expect to release frequent BAM WP7/WP8 updates now because I will focus my development on BAM for W8 (see my previous post)
As usual, feel free to use BAM send mail feature to contact me if you have any issues, questions, or suggestions
– Long time I did not update my blog with BAM updates news and I apologize for that, but I’m facing some difficulties with new Windows Store policies for financial apps.
Indeed, some new polices related to the financial apps were introduced in the Windows Store certification process and are delaying my next update.
I had to submit a documentation to the Windows Phone Store team detailing what is BAM and what it is doing, and detailing how BAM is protecting privacy and encrypting its data during export/import or backup/restore statements. I hope really now that this level of information will be enough to have BAM certified soon so I could continue my next updates.
– Many BAM users asked me if a W8 app will be available to synchronize data with BAM on the phone.
I already replied few months ago that a such W8 BAM was pending development and I had progressed quickly, but I must admit that I had to make a pause then.
I’m happy however to inform you that I will restart very soon its development, hoping to have a first release for September; I noticed that some new WP8 financial apps provide a W8 app – even if they do not bring all the power and features of BAM – so I’m very motivated to continue this development.
The most difficult part of that development is the synchronization process which must be able to retrieve for example on W8, via SkyDrive, the new expense/incomes added on WP8, or vice-versa.
I will let you know as soon as possible when BAM next update will be certified and will keep you informed of my progress on the W8 app
Thanks again for all your mails received